Static Website vs Dynamic Website: What’s the Difference?
Making a website for your new business setup but don’t know which format to go with? Want to share your opinion with the world but are unaware of how to make your site more user-friendly? A website does not only need to look appealing. You have to consider the functionality of the website as well as the ease of updates. There are two types of sites static and dynamic. You should select the one which suits your budget and business needs the most. Here are the major differences between a static website and a dynamic website.
What is a Static Website?
A static website does not require any extensive knowledge about database design and web programming because it is only coded in HTML. The codes of the webpages are fixed, and the information stored in them is showed to the visitor.
Pros of Static Website
- One of the most exciting advantages of a static website is its flexibility. The design of every page can differ from each other. In other words, you have the option of adjusting the layout of the webpage according to its content.
- Moreover, the cost of setting up a static site is much lower than the dynamic ones.
- You should always consider the speed of your site. Static websites don’t take much time in uploading the webpages.
Cons of Static Website
- The main disadvantage of a static site is that it does not have any proper Content Management System (CMS). To summarize, you will require the services of a web designer to update your website.
- The response of the website is the same for every similar query.
What is a Dynamic Website?
To create a dynamic site, you require server-side scriptings like PHP, ASP, JSP, or Coldfusion. The process is completed on the server, and the information is provided to the user according to his input. Client-side scripting can also be utilized to create a dynamic website. The generating process of content is done on the client’s computer based on the visitor’s input. Then the webpage is downloaded from the server, and the code is processed to make the information available to the user.
Pros of Dynamic Sites
- By depending on dynamic sites, you can introduce more structure to your website.
- Furthermore, the dynamic site will show the different results to each user’s request. In other words, the search result will be more focused and specific.
- Updating the dynamic website is as easy as pie due to an efficient Content Management System. You can insert videos, photos, updated informatics, etc. whenever you feel like it.
Cons of Dynamic Site
- The layout of every webpage is fixed. Meaning that you don’t have the liberty to adjust the webpage design according to the content.
- The process of setting up a dynamic site is much more complicated. We recommend you take the assistance of a professional web designer for building a website.
Make a Choice
Like everything, these website formats have their own advantages and disadvantages. Before making a hasty decision, think while keeping the pros and cons mentioned above in mind. If you want to go for a cheaper option, then go for a static website. If you’re going to make regular updates, then don’t even consider any other option except the dynamic website. Select the one which is suitable for your content.
At Wowbix Digital Marketing, we create dynamic websites for our clients using WordPress CMS. If you need a website in affordable prices, Contact us today!